A traditional caprese gets a makeover with the addition of sliced, fresh juicy peaches in this easy Peach Caprese Salad with fresh mozzarella, basil, a drizzle of pesto vinaigrette and balsamic glaze.
This post may contain affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.Jump to Recipe
I love a classic caprese salad, which is a combination of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil. Have you ever had it? In my opinion, it's an epic combo of juicy ripe tomatoes and soft fresh mozzarella. I often drizzle it with some balsamic glaze - a match made in heaven. But add some perfectly ripe summer peaches to the mix and it takes things up a notch!! Welcome to Peach Caprese Salad world!
The components of Peach Caprese Salad
- Peaches - Like the peaches for this Peach cobbler, the peaches should be just right for the recipe. Though I feel like peach cobbler peaches are more flexible. These ones not so much - have to be firm but ripe and juicy. Mushy won’t cut it!
- Tomatoes - use the best seasonal tomatoes you can find. Could be heirlooms or beef steaks sliced into wedges or summer’s best cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half.
- Basil - I used big, peppery fresh basil leaves and tore them with my hands. You could chiffonade them. Which is a fancy word for rolling the leaves like a cigar and then slicing them into thin ribbons. I have also used more tender leaves of basil in the past and used them whole (like jennie recommends in her classic caprese recipe). You do you. But you need fresh basil. Period.
- Pesto Vinaigrette - Not a traditional caprese component but oh so worth it! Use homemade pesto (or store bought), red wine vinegar and good quality extra virgin olive oil. A big squeeze of lemon juice and lots of fresh cracked black pepper and you have a winner of vinaigrette world on your hands. You can put it on cardboard to make it taste good!
- Balsamic - I am a sucker for balsamic. You might think it’s an overkill but I disagree! You can try this Peach Caprese Salad with a Blasamic Glaze and let me know!
This peach caprese salad is summery, vibrant, flavorful and satisfying and is here to stay!
Here’s your handy dandy printable:
Peach Caprese Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- 4 ripe peaches pitted and sliced
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes halved see notes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella torn see notes
- Basil leaves to taste
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced about 3-4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze optional, to drizzle
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the salad in a wide bowl or a serving platter.
- Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together. Drizzle over the top, drizzle the balsamic and serve.
If you make this Peach Caprese Salad, please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear from you guys. And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and Facebook! I love to look through your creations!!
Love – Vaishali