Seven layers of complete deliciousness - that is what this easy 7 layer dip recipe consists of. Plus making it in individual cups might just be the talk of your party!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.Jump to Recipe
Superbowl and 7 layer dip
If you are reading this from the United States, you might know what the hype about the upcoming Big Game is! If you are joining us from elsewhere, please still stay for the food and this 7 layer dip recipe. Because everyone’s going to love it. Every single superbowl party that I have been to or hosted has had a version of 7 layer dip. Ms. A loves to make this and I love that it is one less thing I have to worry about. But seriously, a football game or not, a memorial day potluck or not, this easy 7 layer dip is delicious.
How to make 7 layer dip
Think about all your favorite components of Tex-mex cuisine coming together in a beautiful layered manner. Make it an individual serving, you know the kind where you have the entire thing to yourself, and you have got a winner! 7 layer dip is super easy to make and has the simplest ingredients. And as I always say (like in this recipe), when the ingredients list is short and the ingredients are simple, it is incredibly important to use high quality ingredients.
Here are the 7 layers
- Refried Beans - warmed up and seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning. I like to loosen it up with a little bit of vegetable broth while its heating.
- Guacamole - has to be homemade. No compromise here. Keep it simple if you want or use your favorite mix-ins.
- Salsa - definitely the tops shelf stuff or make your own! I have a blender salsa recipe that I will get around to sharing sometime
- Sour cream - a thick layer and I love to use full fat sour cream in this recipe
- Pico de gallo - adding double oomph along with that salsa
- Black olives - sliced olives work best here
- Cheese - good quality shredded cheddar. Need some kick - go wild and add pepperjack instead!
Bonus layer - Cilantro
Take clear cups and layer the ingredients starting from 1 through 7. Serve with tortilla chips!! Alternatively you can layer the ingredients in a platter or a clear dish.
This 7 layer dip is a great appetizer for all kinds of parties, cookouts, potlucks, and picnics. Kids love it and grown ups cannot stop eating it! You can make it ahead of time, and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. It is also super easy to double or triple the recipe depending on the size of the crowd that you are serving. You can serve it with baby carrots, celery sticks, or colored bell pepper slices to give it a more healthier feel.
How long does 7 layer dip last in the refrigerator?
2-3 days, tops. The longer you keep it, the muddled the layers will become and the fresh components of the dip loose their appeal.
Other similar recipes:
Here’s your printable:
Easy 7 Layer Dip Recipe | Individual Serving
- 1 8 oz can Refried beans
- Taco seasoning to taste
- A splash Vegetable broth optional
- 1 cup Guacamole homemade
- ⅔ cup Salsa
- ⅔ cup Full fat sour cream
- ⅔ cup Pico de gallo homemade
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Sliced olives
- ¼ cup Cilantro optional but recommended
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Divide and layer the ingredients in clear cups in order of appearance and serve.
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear from you guys. And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and Facebook! I love to look through your creations!!
Love – Vaishali